Brandenburg One is the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra's inventive new digital stage. On this new digital content platform, we will share with you the passion and joy of Baroque music whenever you want and wherever you are. There are hours of music for you to enjoy on Brandenburg One, and we will release new performances and additional content each fortnight. We aim to build Brandenburg One into an expansive library of Baroque music for you to enjoy and share while the concert halls are closed and long after they reopen.
What’s on Brandenburg One?
- Exclusive Premières • A selection of early releases and featured content (available for Premium Collection only)
- Meet the Brandenburg • information about our musicians and period instruments
- Bach Series • musicians performing selected unaccompanied works by JS Bach
- From Our Stage • concerts recorded at City Recital Hall, Melbourne Recital Centre and other venues
- In Conversation • interviews with musicians and artists
- Streamed Performances • coming soon
How do I access the Brandenburg One Premium Collection?
Current Season Subscribers receive free access to the Brandenburg One Premium Collection. Access for current subscribers will always be free by using your current Brandenburg subscriber login details.
- Step 1 • Visit one.brandenburg.com.au
- Step 2 • Hover your mouse over Premium Collection and click the orange circle 'Sign In' icon
- Step 3 • Log-in with your existing Brandenburg account details. This is the email address and password you most recently used to purchase a subscription, single tickets or make a donation
- Step 4 • Once you have successfully logged-in, explore Brandenburg One on your device of choice by scrolling across the video carousels by moving your mouse to the edge of the screen and clicking the orange arrow icon or by scrolling down the page. If you are on a smartphone or tablet, simply use your finger to touch on the carousel and slide left and right and vice versa to move across the carousel. When you find a video that you would like to view, simply click on the image to progress to the performance viewing page, you can then click the play button to begin the performance immediately.
How do I access the Brandenburg One Public Collection?
Non-subscribers can access the Public Collection of Brandenburg One without logging in. The Brandenburg One Public Collection features some but not all of the same content available in the Premium Collection. New content will be released on Brandenburg One each fortnight, so please sign up to our Keynotes e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook or Instagram to stay up-to-date.
- Step 1 • Visit one.brandenburg.com.au
- Step 2 • Hover your mouse over Public Collection and click the pink circle 'Explore' icon under Public Collection
- Step 3 • Explore Brandenburg One on your device of choice by scrolling across the video carousels by moving your mouse to the edge of the screen and clicking the orange arrow icon or by scrolling down the page. If you are on a smartphone or tablet, simply use your finger to touch on the carousel and slide left and right and vice versa to move across the carousel. When you find a video that you would like to view, simply click the video to progress to the video player page, click the play button and the video will start.
- 26 July
BACH Nº 5 • Rafael Font • Grave and Fugue from Sonata No. 2 in A minor for solo violin, BWV 1003
- 9 August
BACH Nº 6 • Marianne Yeomans • Allemande from Partita in D minor for solo violin, in G minor, BWV 1004, transcribed for Viola
- 23 August
BACH Nº 7 • Mikaela Oberg • Corrente from Partita in A minor for solo flute, BWV 1013
- 6 September
BACH Nº 8 • Anthea Cottee • Sarabande from Suite No. 1 in G major for solo cello, BWV 1007
- 23 September
BACH Nº 9 • Matthew Greco • Allegro from Sonata No. 2 in A minor for solo violin, BWV 1003
- 4 October
BACH Nº 10 • Joanna Butler • Sarabande from English Suite No. 3 in G minor, BWV 808
- 6 November
BACH Nº 11 • Monique O’Dea • Tempo di Borea from Partita No. 1 in B minor for solo violin, BWV 1002, transcribed for Viola
- 4 December
BACH Nº 12 • James Armstrong • Preludio from Partita No. 3 in E major for solo violin, BWV 1006
You can watch any video in fullscreen mode by clicking the enter fullscreen icon (icon with four arrows) in the bottom right-hand corner of the video control bar. To exit fullscreen mode simply click the Esc button on the top right-hand corner of your keyboard if you are on a computer or laptop. If you are viewing on mobile or tablet, tap the screen lightly once to activate video player controls, then click on the X button on the top right-hand corner of your screen to return to the performance viewing page.
Below the video is additional content including program notes, a podcast, musician and instrument profiles, and musicological information on featured composers and the original music manuscripts. You can browse this information while the video or podcast is playing as long as the video is not playing in fullscreen mode.
To return from the video player page to content gallery page, you can either click the Brandenburg One icon at the top centre of the screen or alternatively, click the 'Back to Gallery' button located at the top-left corner of the page and in the purple box next to the performance player.
If you have any questions regarding log-in, navigation or other technical issues, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us on 1300 782 856