Senior Development Manager
Applications close 16 February 2024
Mascot, New South Wales
The Australian Brandenburg Orchestra (the “Brandenburg”), led by Artistic Director Paul Dyer AO, celebrates the music of the sixteenth, seventeenth and eighteenth centuries with excellence, flair and joy.
Comprising leading specialists in informed performance practice from all over Australia, the Brandenburg performs using original edition scores and instruments of the period, breathing fresh life and vitality into baroque and classical masterpieces.
Through its annual subscription series in Sydney and Melbourne, the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra performs before a live audience in excess of 60,000 people and hundreds of thousands more through national broadcasts on ABC Classic FM.
Reporting to the Head of Development, the Senior Development Manager will nurture a highly committed and loyal subscriber and donor base, build and develop existing and untapped sources of individual and corporate philanthropic income, and develop and execute creative fundraising initiatives.
The Senior Development Manager will deploy a wide range of data-driven, direct marketing competencies with skill and professionalism in order engage new and existing supporters. The prime task is to convert as many supporters as possible into ongoing, higher value donors.
Key deliverables include
- Developing strategies to recruit new individual, trust + foundation, and corporate supporters.
- Increasing the level of support of current major donors
- Testing a variety of initiatives and drive growth in the supporter base, carefully managing risks to the Brandenburg brand and maximising return on investment.
- Segmenting and analysing target audiences on the database, developing and rolling out creative programs across a range of channels to engage existing supporters in the mission of the organisation and increase their level of giving.
- Working closely with the Head of Development to develop and expand the bequest, trust + foundation, and corporate partnership programs and customised major donor program across all fundraising areas for the Brandenburg.
- Working closely with the marketing team who manage other points of contact with supporters, such as: subscribers, corporate partners and single ticket buyers.
The above requires significant liaison with the marketing and ticketing teams. It is expected that the Senior Development Manager will take a lead role in this area and advise the Head of Development on the key systems and administrative support requirements.
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience (at least 3 years) deploying a range of competencies across a variety of markets (commercial and/or non-profit)
- A track record of demonstrable success in increasing revenue and/or the customer base.
- Strategic thinking ability, plus proven practical and successful implementation capacity
- Outstanding data management, analysis and reporting skills.
- Strong planning, forecasting (customer acquisition & revenue), numeracy, financial (budgeting & costing) and time management skills.
- Good copywriting skills.
- A wide and up-to-date knowledge of latest developments in philanthropy, trust + foundation and corporate partnership
- Proven successful project management experience – new systems & processes, and process improvement.
- High level of interpersonal skills – including influencing, persuading and motivating and most importantly, the confidence and experience of making the ask.
- A track record of effective supplier management.
- A good understanding of the principles of brand management and development.
- Experience managing a small team and working successfully within one.
- Strong computer literacy with database systems, and MS Office applications
- Tessitura experience will be highly regarded
- High level of judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a drive to quality.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to collaborate across institutional barriers.
- Ability to maintain sight of, and alignment to, the big picture objectives.
This position is responsible for the achievement of significant commercial targets for the Brandenburg. In order to achieve those objectives, it is expected that the incumbent will work from our Mascot offices with flexible working arrangement during standard business hours, Monday to Friday, plus additional hours as required at concerts and events.
Please send your application (including a covering letter addressing Professional Experience + Qualifications and current CV), and any enquiries to Tom Roche via email – firstname.lastname@example.org